In the past 10 years I have started approximately 10 blogs, mostly about mind numbingly dull things that would bore most people to tears. Some might argue that this blog is no different but let’s hope that’s not the case.
Questionably Essential Facts About Me:
- I’m a rare breed – a London resident who was actually born and raised IN London. I’ve recently moved to the delights of Tooting and absolutely love it here. For any non-Brits reading this, Tooting is in SW London and easy to get to on the Northern Line tube (the black one).
- Despite being VERY British, many people call me an honorary American (though with Trump in presidency, not sure I’m too fond of that title). I don’t have a passport or anything but I went to an American high school (in England…big up ACS Cobham), did a brief stint working on a TV show filmed in The Hamptons, NY after I finished university and worked as the UK PR + Marketing Manager for a very awesome American homewares brand for almost 5 years here in London.
- I really like country music. My Spotify country playlist is pretty much played from beginning to end almost every day. It might be having a bit of a moment in the UK right now but I was well ahead of the curve with this one folks.
- I have recently set up my own freelance consultancy business, Jess Does. It’s equal measures of exciting and terrifying but I am on hand to offer brands, big and small, advice on establishing a marketing, PR and social strategy that helps take their business to the next level.
- I LOVE to cook and entertain. I’m definitely a bit of a homebody – nesting, shopping for my house and regularly reconfiguring my rooms make me very happy.
- My family nickname is Wej or Wejtable. I’m not too sure how it came about. I think my sister used to struggle with the word Jess as a baby so it become Jedge. From there “Jedge the Wej” seemed to be an affectionate term my family called me. I ditched the Jedge part in my early twenties but can’t seem to shake the Wej bit.
- Babies and I have an affinity. Lots of my friends have been blessed with the most gorgeous children. I’m a very maternal person and can’t wait to one day have lots of my own but for now I’m often referred to as “Jessie Poppins” as I seem to have unexplainable but exceptional baby whispering skills.
- Enrique Iglesias once held a door open for me. I’m still waiting for an offer to join him for a drink. Holler at me Enrique!
- I’m a member of a gin club and drink it like water. There’s such a strong British history to the drink but the resurgence it’s had in the last few years is super exciting to me. I’m always looking for recommendations for new gins to try so please do send my way if you’ve tasted one with a wow factor!
- My go to karaoke song is Eminem – Cleaning Out My Closet. I don’t have much more to say about this. It is what it is.
This blog is a space for me to share different avenues of my life. I love to write and really this just offers me an outlet to encourage me to do more of it. If it’s only my mum that ends up reading it (hi Mum), then that’s all good with me but if someone aside from my mother is here, don’t forget to say hello! As a PR myself, I’m PR-friendly.